- Union of the Parliaments of Scotland and England forms the United Kingdom of Great Britain
- The Enlightenment
- Scientific discovery and early Industrial Revolution. See the History of Science and Technology.
- The little ice age (1500-1850) reaches its peak around 1750.
- Around the world exploration by James Cook in 1770's.
- American Revolution leading to United States declaration of independence in 1776 and Constitution in 1789.
- First European settlement of Australia in 1788.
- French revolution in 1789.
- Wars of Empire between Great Britain, France, Spain, Austria.
- Johann Sebastian Bach (composer)
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (composer)
- Voltaire (writer and philosopher)
- Jean-Jacques Rousseau (writer and philosopher)
- Immanuel Kant (philosopher)
- Leonhard Euler (mathematician)
- Benjamin Franklin (inventor and diplomat)
- Thomas Jefferson (American politician)
- Catherine the Great (Russian Tsarina)