- 1564: William Shakespeare (English playwright, actor) - Traditional birth date. Actual date unknown.
- 1858: Max Karl Ernst Ludwig Planck (German physicist)
- 1891: Sergei Prokofiev (Ukrainian composer)
- 1928: Shirley Temple (Actress)
- 1936: Roy Orbison (American Singer, Musician)
- 1616: William Shakespeare (English playwright, actor), and Miguel Cervantes (Spanish author). Note that though they died on the same date, they did not actually die on the same day; as England had not yet adopted the Gregorian Calendar and so was eleven days out of step with the Spanish calendar.
- 1992: Satyajit Ray (Indian filmmaker)
See Also: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December April 22 - April 24 - March 23 - May 23 - more historical anniversaries Describe the new page here.