- Founded: 1998
- Home ballpark: Bank One Ballpark (The "BOB")
- Uniform colors: Purple and Teal?
- Logo design: an "A" with one leg of the "A" alternating triangles to suggest a diamondback rattlesnake. An alternate logo is a script "D" in the shape of a snake.
- League pennants won: 2001
- World Series championships won: 2001
In only four seasons of existence, the Diamondbacks have won two division titles (1999 and 2001) and one World Series. In 1999, Arizona won over 100 games in only its second season to win the NL West division. They lost to the New York Mets in the first round of playoffs.
In 2001, Arizona had postseason victories over the St. Louis Cardinals (3-2 in the NLCS), the Atlanta Braves (4-1 in the [[ALCS), to advance to the World Series where, in one of the most exciting series ever, they beat reigning New York Yankees 4 to 3, to become the youngest expansion franchise to win the championship.
Players of note
- Baseball Hall of Famers: none yet
- Current stars: Craig Counsell (2001 NLCS MVP), Luis Gonzalez (outfielder), Randy Johnson (pitcher; NL Cy Young Award winner, 1999 and 2000; 2001 World Series co-MVP), Curt Schilling (pitcher; 2001 World Series co-MVP).
- Not to be forgotten:
- Retired numbers: #42 (Jackie Robinson)