Hello I am Asa. I am a Christian youth minister at Wembley church of Christ and I live in London, UK. I discovered Wikipedia when it was listed on Slashdot in July 2001. I then started tinkering with various bits. I continue to do so when I have a bit of time. Recently, I have taken to writing some articles as a way to revise some of the stuff on early church history I have been studying with the minsiter of my church, John Griffiths.
Here on Wikiepedia, I sign myself: aw or AW (both redirect to this page). My user name used to be just Asa, but that was needed for an article (should have thought more before i used that user name really!).
Some articles I have contributed to
- The GIMP one of the first things I did on Wikipedia!
- GNOME gave birth to
- GNU/Linux uh oh. gave birth to
- Famous Programmers
- Poets just listed R. S. Thomas
- Little Nemo did 99% of this. yay for Nemo!
- Comic books and strips started
- Comic book someone else split this off from the above. good job too
- Film history/China was disgusted at the lack of Hong Kong people. Needs loads of work!
- Martial arts film
- Miyazaki Hayao A good start. cheers for the unicode and Romaji!
- The Matrix stupid overated rip-off film!
- Princess Mononoke love this film
- My Neighbor Totoro mmm... CatBus
- Biblical canon comprehensive, but confusing at the mo
- Allah I brought up the moon god origins stuff
- Yahweh this has developed quite nicely. The first versions were just plain wrong. Now its pretty acurate
- Jehovah still doesn't feel right. perhaps merge with Yahweh?
- Pope Damasus I very happy with this. 99% is my work
- John Chrysostom under development, but largely done
- History of Christianity ...gaining momentum... could be good...
- Theodosius I "Catholic" -> "catholic"
- Pope link to papacy
- Papacy started
- Saint original meaning
- European languages just listed Welsh
- Welsh language gave birth to. but needs significant work by a Welsh scholar
- Wales need to say more about my own country!
- Cultural imperialism sigh... i give up
- Rupert Murdoch corperate censorship!
- History of Malaysia just a few tweaks
- Wade-Giles started
My page on meta.wikipedia.com.
Here is my web site.
Musings and Projects
- Early September 2001: searched for "Linux" and modified most references to "Linux" the OS to read "GNU/Linux". Exceptions: personal opinion (Wikipedian's personal pages, /Talk pages and general reporting of opinion), quotes (book and essay names) and titles (e.g Mandrake Linux).
- So someone put the Linuxs back annonymously after a bit of a row in the Talk on GNU/Linux. It was certainly an interesting experiment anyway :)
- 5th Dec. 2001 - Searched for all instances of Papacy and made sure they were linked to the article i started. :) I was seeking distraction, ok?!