The borough with the worst rap. When you enter the Bronx, you are greeted by a sign saying "Don't dump on the Bronx." This is meant figuratively.
Ten Good Things About the Bronx:
- 1). The New York Yankees.
- 2). The largest amount of parklands of any borough.
- 3). Affordable housing
- 4). The Bronx Zoo.
- 5). The New York Botanical Gardens.
- 6). The Bronx River - the only river that runs through an entire borough.
- 7). Very good neighborhoods - Riverdale, Country Club Estates.
- 8). Proximity to Westchester.
- 9). Bronx County District Attorney - Robert Johnson.
- 10).One of the last strongholds of illegal street gambling - Numbers.
The Bronx is the only borough of New York City that is not on an island. It is named after an early settler, Jacob Bronck.