December 10 is the 344th day (345th on leap years) of the year. There are 21 days remaining.
- 1851: Melvil Dewey, librarian, creator of the Dewey Decimal Classification system
- 1882: Otto Neurath, Austrian philosopher
- 1915: Frank Sinatra, singer
- 1960: Kenneth Branagh, English actor and film director
- 1817: Mississippi becomes the 20th state
- 1898: A treaty is signed in Paris that officially ends the Spanish-American War
- 1905: Berta von Suttner, Austrian writer, is the first woman to receive the Nobel Prize
- 1948: The United Nations General Assembly adopts its Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- 1965: The Grateful Dead play their first concert at the Fillmore Auditorium in San Francisco.
- 2000: Spain wins the Davis Cup for the first time