- Dune, Westwood Studios 1992
Mixture between adventure and strategy game, fairly simple and not very successful. You played Paul Atreides, who learns the ways of the Desert Planet and tries to establish a Fremen army to reclaim his father's fief.
- Dune II, Westwood Studios 1992
- Dune II: The Battle for Arrakis, Westwood Studios (year?)
- Dune II: The Building of a Dynasty, Westwood Studios (year?)
The world's first realtime strategy game, complex and fun to play, was a huge success. You played a commander for one of three parties at war, the Atreides, the Harkonnen or the Ordos (which appear in one of the later novels). Your objective is to wipe out all resistance and to conquer Arrakis.
- Dune 2000, Westwood Studios 1998
- Emperor: Battle for Dune, Westwood Studios 2001
PC.IGN preview 3d engine utilised. Gameplay similar to Command and Conquer series.