Eisenhower was a complex, mercurial man. Confident and self-contained in public, he was content with his public image as president as a grinning, patriotic but somewhat inarticulate citizen-politician. In truth, he was a far more calculating man than he let on, with great natural political skills.
- Inaugural Address
- Farewell Address (noted for the introduction of the phrase "military/industrial complex" into public political discussion)
- First Lady: Mamie Geneva Doud Eisenhower
- Previous President: Harry S Truman
- Next President: John F. Kennedy
- Vice Presidents: Richard Nixon