A Fatwa is a legal pronouncement in Islam, issued by a religious law specialist, on a specific issue, usually at the request of an individual or a judge to settle a question where fiqh, "Islamic jurisprudence", is unclear.
- how are competing fatwas understood?
External Links on fatwas delivering death threats:
- The Rushdie death threat affair
- Singer Cat Stevens promotes killing Rushdie
- Moderate Muslim proponent receives death threat
- Muslim woman author under Islamic death threat for "blasphemy"
- More on Muslim woman author under Islamic death threat for "blasphemy"
- Former Islamic cleric under death threat for leaving Islam