- Founded: 1946, as a member of the All-American Football Conference. Moved to the NFL in the 1950 merger.
- Formerly known as: The Baltimore Colts, from about 1953 to 1984. From 1946 to 1953 or so, the team was nomadic, with stays in Miami, New York and Dallas, before settling in Baltimore.
- Home stadium: RCA Dome, Indianapolis.
- Uniform colors: blue and white
- Helmet design: white background, blue horseshoe
- League championships won: NFL: 1958, 1959, 1968, 1970.
- Super Bowl appearances: III (lost), V (won)
The Colts are members of the American Football Conference East division.
Following a move from Miami, Florida, the Colts began play in 1946 in Baltimore, Maryland. The Baltimore Colts were one of the most dominating teams in NFL history. In 1958, the Colts defeated the New York Giants in the NFL championship game, a game which is sometimes called "The Greatest Game Ever Played."
Since 1984, the Colts have had mixed success at best.
Players of note
- Football Hall of Famers:
- Current stars:
- Retired numbers:
- Not to be forgotten: