If you're a regular participant on a non-English Wikipedia, please join Intlwiki-L!
The purpose of Intlwiki-l is to discuss and (in various ways) coordinate work on the different "Wikipedias" that exist in different languages. For links to these Wikipedias, please see this page.
If you're interested in discussing various topics related to the various activities of various Wikipedias, please subscribe to Intlwiki-l below.
In particular, we hope all the regular participants on the non-English Wikipedias will join that list, as well as some people from the English language Wikipedia, so that we can exchange notes.
Among the topics that could be raised:
- So, just how are those non-English language Wikipedias going?
- What needs to be done in order to make sure they're fully translated?
- What needs to be done to make sure the wikis in Arabic, Chinese, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, etc., are fully usable?
- Is there something we can do together effectively to help promote these projects?
- What sort of inter-Wikipedia policies should we establish--if any?
- Different languages represent, necessarily, different forks in the overall Wikipedia project. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? To what extent, if any, would it be desirable to encourage the wikis to develop quite separately--or, instead, together?