Joanne Kathleen Rowling, writer, b.July 31st 1965
The Harry Potter books:
- 1997 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (titled Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in the United States)
- 1998 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- 1999 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- 2000 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter-related books:
- Quidditch Through the Ages
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
(These two are facsimiles of schoolbooks Harry and his friends use, and all proceedings from them go to charity.)
A film of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (titled Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone elsewhere in the world), directed by Chris Columbus, was released in late 2001.
Rowling was sued by Nancy K. Stouffer, author of "Rah and the Muggles", featuring Larry Potter, alleging trademark and copyright infringement. The case has not yet made it to court (December 2001).