Jan Hidders used to be a Ph.D. student at the Eindhoven University of Technology and is now working as a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Antwerp. He very much likes the idea of a public domain encyclopedia but found that Everything2 had some minor points:
- too many features
- more than one write-up per node
- the contents are not public.
Jan plans to contribute something in the future although he hasn't really found anything yet to contribute. :-} His main interests are Computer science, Mathematics and Philosophy. Rumors have it that he is even prepared to do some research in order to be able to add something to Wikipedia.
Home Page: http://wwwis.win.tue.nl/~hidders/
Welcome, Jan! Very nice work on the logic articles! --LMS
- Thank you. Very nice to hear. Maybe even a little too nice, because such appreciation may tempt me to spend more time on Wikipedia than I had planned. :-) --Jan Hidders
- Aha, you have discovered my evil plot! ;-) --LMS
Hey Jan, congratulations. Get yourself a nice t-shirt with "Trust me. I'm a doctor." on it. It works. Trust me. --AxelBoldt
- *Big grin* Thank you. But to be honest, although I'm already hired, the Ph.D. ceremony (a big thing in the Netherlands) will take place in December. But then I will get the t-shirt. :-) In the meantime I'm going to see if I can write something in Wikipedia on database theory, which is my real area of expertise. -- Jan Hidders