Greetings, and welcome! --Creaktop
- First read, looks good, if a bit hard to follow in places (all that new jargon all at once).
- Second, more critical read.
- Add "Heraldry is" to the first line, making it a full sentence.
- wikify "coat of arms".
- you introduce shields without showing any relation to the subject.
- I seem to recall another position of a living thing, "regardant" or some such, where the animal/human is depicted as looking at the viewer.
- So what do you do for an encore? --buzco
Pictures :) Describing heraldry without them is a losing battle.
Thanks for your help - I'll flesh out the shield concept as soon as possible. You're right about regardant - the problem is that there are so many positions - I'll never be able to list them all.