I am a professor of art history - I specialize in the early Middle Ages, but I teach everything in western art before 1500 (thank GOODNESS we just hired an Asian Art specialist and I don't have to go learn all about that, too).
- currently working on
- filling in lots of factoids on the chronological conspectus pages
- particularly pleased about:
- how the Pope + name nomenclature decision showed Wiki-robustness!
- the 4th and 5th century articles
- Charlemagne and how the early middle ages are beginning to shape up
- Baroque Art
- I resolve to...
- always indicate the varying reliability of particular ancient and medieval sources (see Liber Pontificalis)
- when I'm bored I...
- skim the recent changes for as-yet-un-added biographical entries
By the way, as of 12/17/01 I'm on Christmas break - it's not that I'm off in a huff or never coming back, but I think a big dose of fiction would be a lot more restful. Now when I'm at my parents' I'll probably get bored enough to turn the computer on, but no promises.... --Michael