November 24 is the 328th day (329th on leap years) of the year. There are 37 days remaining.
- 1976: The Band gives its last public performance; Martin Scorsese is on hand to film it.
- 1971: D.B. Cooper hijacks and airplane.
- 1632: Baruch Spinoza (philosopher)
- 1713: Laurence Sterne (novelist)
- 1864: Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec (painter)
- 1868: Scott Joplin (musician)
- 1925: William F. Buckley Jr. (writer, commentator)
- 1941: Pete Best (drummer for The Beatles before Ringo Starr)
- 1948: Steve Yeager (catcher: L. A. Dodgers)
- 1848: Lord Melbourne, British Prime Minister.
- 1963: Lee Harvey Oswald (assassin [or patsy, depending on your political leanings])
- 1991: Freddie Mercury (musician -- Queen)
- 2001: Melanie Thornton, aged 34, singer, (plane crash near Zurich)