Paris is the capital and largest city of France. The city is bisected by the River Seine; the northern part of the city is known as the right bank, the south as the left bank. It is surrounded by a large orbital motorway, the Peripherique. The city is divided into twenty numerically organised districts, the arrondissements.
Notable places/things in Paris:
- Arc de Triomphe - war monument
- Disneyland Paris - amusement park
- Eiffel Tower - monument
- Louvre - art museum
- Musee d'Orsay - art museum
- Cathedral of Notre Dame on the Ile de la Cité
- Pompidou Centre
- Sacre Coeur - church on the hillock of Montmartre
- The Samaritaine Building - department store from the start of the 20th century
- The Statue of Liberty - A smaller copy of the Statue of Liberty in the harbour of New York City.
- Versailles - royal palace and gardens to the southeast of the city
- Les Halles