A peninsula is a geographical formation extending so that it is surrounded by water on three sides.
Famous peninsulae include:
- The Iberian Peninsula (with Spain and Portugal),
- The Scandinavian Peninsula (with Sweden and Norway),
- The Jutland Peninsula in Northern Germany and southern Denmark
- The San Francisco Peninsula separating the San Francisco Bay from the Pacific Ocean.
- The Sinai Peninsula
- The Usedom Peninsula
- The Wollin Peninsula
- The Upper Peninsula of Michigan and the Lower Peninsula of Michigan
- The state of Florida