There are numerous ways you can help publicize Wikipedia, and thereby get more people to edit your work and make this into a real live encyclopedia. Just think--in a few years, Wikipedia is probably going to be amazing. (Feel free to add to this list.)
- If you've done a lot of work in some particular area, post an announcement to a mailing list or newsgroup telling people about your work and asking them to help.
- If there hasn't been a lot of work in a particular area, post an announcement telling people about Wikipedia and asking them to help!
- Tell friends and colleagues. E-mail an announcement to them. Ask them to check your work, or to write pages on their areas of specialization, or their hobbies, or whatever.
- Submit particular wiki pages (e.g., your "baby" pages) to search engines.
- Observe (in writing and smugly) on other wikis that Wikipedia is easily the fastest-growing wiki in the world.
- Link to Wikipedia from your websites.
- Ask other people to link to Wikipedia.
- Add a link to wikipedia to your e-mail signature
For further discussion, please see building Wikipedia membership.