Of course, every entry on Wikipedia deserves attention. But some entries deserve tender loving attention.
If you come across a page that you think needs a lot of work, but have no idea how to approach it, list it here so that others can find it.
Articles that have good information, but need work for some reason
- Imprecise language - no longer in first person, but still needs work
- Alchemy - a great article, but written in an academic essay style
- poets - not only are the page titles messed up, very possibly the page itself should be redirected to listing of poets
- Black Sabbath - from the article: and someone else can write 1979 to date
- Homosexuality - the anthropological stuff looks bogus, and what does it have to do with homosexuality? Are they not equally applicable to het relationships?
- Military History - should probably be moved to Military history. Also this article is badly organized, but I don't know how to fix it.
- Asynchronous Transfer Mode - this article is nearly ready but needs final editing and checking
- Falklands War - light on detail, needs a better conclusion.
- Wends- general re-write and information needs
- Sigismund I Jagiello -- at present, this is just bad prosopography. Needs an infusion of context and coherence
- Cracow - has a lot of good info, but also has some claims that fall outside the NPOV.
- Symbionese Liberation Army - formation of group is there, and a link to Kathleen Soliah, but the middle is missing
- Articles from the 1911 Encyclopedia
- Irian Jaya - requires merging and NPOVing
- Martin Luther King Jr. - much more needs to be written, in more depth
- Holocene extinction event - more species are needed, and some help with NPOV, since I think the whole thing is tree-hugger bogosity
- Religious aspects of marriage - Larry wanted this article, but I doubt he wanted it quite like this. (Not so bad now that the original has been replaced.)
- Miyuki - may have violated copyright.
- Balloon - could use some more examples.
- Object Oriented Programming - this is kind of a mess. Titanic paragraphs need to be broken down into individual concepts. Needs more links to books and theory.
- I'm doing a major rewrite here, and should be done by Friday (12/21/2001). If anyone else has a change or suggestion during that time, please let me know. --LDC
- PDP-11 - huh? this needs to be more easily understood
- Hall and Woodhouse - what is this? a town?
- Sugarhill Gang - needs reorganization
- Kashmir - long on bathic emotion, short on facts
Articles that seem to be nothing more than definitions
Wikipedia is not a dictionary, and an article which simply defines a word is useless. Sometimes, those articles can turn into bona fide encyclopedic treatments of a topic; sometimes they should just be deleted.
- Police -- David Ricardo
- organization -- trade organization -- hierarchy member -- immediate superior -- immediate subordinate -- subordinate -- rooted hierarchy -- hierarchical tree structure -- rooted hierarchical tree structure -- containment hierarchy (See talk)
- Elegy -- Dimeter (all single line definitions)
See also Wikipedia utilities/find or fix a stub.
= Articles of dubious merit, accuracy and/or validity
- Masculism (NPOV problems) --
- Zarnowiec - translation problems + soem doubts about legality (need comment from someone who knows law)
Other Wikipedia Utilities
- Wikipedia utilities/find or fix a stub
- Wikipedia utilities/Page titles to be deleted
- Wikipedia utilities/Personal subpages to be deleted
- Wikipedia statistics
- Wikipedia policy
- Wikipedia FAQ
- Wikipedia Announcements
- Wikipedia help desk
- Wikipedia/Most popular pages
- Wikipedia Manual of Style