XSL means Extensible Stylesheet Language. It is a language which allows to describe how files encoded in the XML standard are to be formatted. The language has three parts
- XSL Transformations (XSLT): a language for transforming XML documents
- XML Path Language (XPath): to describe how to access parts of an XML document
- XSL Formatting Objects: to describe additional formatting
Open question: Are there stable implementations of web browsers or other programs which implement XSL; if yes they should be mentioned here, if not that should be stated here as well.
- www.w3.org for the language definition.
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)