Established: 1825 Population 22,362(2000) The amount of land area in Ypsilanti is 11.288 sq. kilometers. The amount of surface water is 0.281 sq kilometers. The distance from Ypsilanti to Washington DC is 429 miles. The distance to the Michigan state capital is 58 miles. (as the crow flies) Ypsilanti is positioned 42.24 degrees north of the equator and 83.62 degrees west of the prime meridian. The Huron River runs through the center of Ypsilanti.
- Ypsilanti, Michigan is named for the great Greek patriot, General Demetrius Ypsilanti, a hero in the Greek war for independence.
- Eastern Michigan University.
- Frog Island, home of the legendary Smeet Frog
- Ypsilanti has the largest historic distric of any city in the state of Michigan.
- For more information see: http://www.ypsichamber.org/community_profile.htm
- Also, Ypsilanti's own user maintained wiki: Ypsilanti Eyeball
Ypsilanti is a town on Old U.S. 12
Return to Michigan
Return to United States of America